Sunday, March 6, 2011

So, when Daddy posted the other day about making blackberry jam, he failed to mention the fact that we seem to have experienced our first true two-year-old meltdown. We had been having a great day, and the girls went down for naps no problem. Emma Kate woke up great, in a perky mood, and ready for action. When we got downstairs though, something upset her (I think it was the fact that she wanted to do something and I couldn't decipher exactly what it was fast enough...) and she just started collapsing on the floor and sobbing. It was so sad! We tried to manage through it without being completely suckered, but I'd say the "episode" lasted a good 20 minutes or so. Finally she perked up when Daddy started making the blackberry jam, and she was eager to help. She was in a good mood again and LOVING the juice coming from the food mill! She was ALL OVER it! She got the purple goodness all over her face, and as soon as I grabbed the camera and she saw I was going to take a picture again, she IMMEDIATELY started to pout and get upset again! She is usually such a ham for pictures! It was a shocker! So I quickly put the camera away and luckily she returned to her happy self again. Here's the one picture I managed to take of the sad little clown before I had to put the camera away!
And after she perked up again, I was able to sneak out the camera and take some pictures of her helping Daddy get the juices out,
And cleaning off the screening-

Some days I manage to have both girls napping simultaneously, unfortunately most of those times, Gretta wakes up about 20 minutes after I've gotten Emma Kate asleep... I think this was one of those days! I had Gretta all to myself, and we had a lot of fun! The camera wasn't cooperating very well, so the pictures either came out blurry or blanched, but the expressions were so cute!

Here's miss Gretta with Daddy today- I had a cute ones with Daddy's face in it, but neither one had his eyes fully open... :) Such a sweet little face, and it still looks like she has a mohawk, but there really is hair on the rest of her head too!
Today we realized that we had the same jammies for both of the girls and we got Emma Kate all excited about being "matchy-matchy" with baby Gretta, she was so cute! Here she is helping Gretta ride double on the zebra-
A little solo zebra action- I can remember so clearly when we were first given the zebra, we had to wait to use it for a while because her feet didn't touch the ground!!
Daddy with his two girls, all matchy-matchy! I'm pretty sure the girls were both looking at Sophie, who had just walked by...
Reading a book with the girls, Emma Kate especially likes this one for baby Gretta!
I'm having some issues with the lens cover on my camera, it doesn't want to close and it won't open quite all the way, so all the pictures have a dark corner on them. I've got to figure out how to get it fixed... it's quite annoying!!

Anyhow, the update from today is below!

1 comment:

Miss said...

These are great pictures! Your girls have beautiful shaped eyes. Love the matching pj's.