Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday has been mostly uneventful so far, but of course there has to be something new to worry about every day. I was massaging her left arm to help reduce some swelling in her hand, and as I massaged up past her elbow, I mentioned to the nurse that she was getting some dry skin between her arm and her side. As I went up a little more, I felt something a little wet. I started to pull her arm out to see what I was feeling, and from the angle she was at, the nurse could identify a big moist sore in her armpit. No one has really seen anything like it before (great.) and no one has any idea why it happened there. The nurse cleaned it up and applied some bacitracin ointment, and I am just hoping and praying that it heals fast and doesn't have any consequences. Hopefully it is still superficial enough not to become infected, but it just looks awful.

So far haven't been able to wean down her dopamine, she's back up to where she was this morning. We checked her out really well over her hips and back for any other sores and we didn't see anything. We also took off a few monitors with big sticky transducers to allow her skin in those areas to breathe for a while. It's been a long week, and I don't want any more new issues!!!

No comments: