Friday, December 4, 2009

Random pictures

This is a raptor that was hanging out under the tree outside our kitchen window. It was also near our chickens but I think he was hunting the little birds that hang out in our tree and eat the chicken feed. I want to call it a peregrine falcon but I'm not 1oo% on it.
Emma in Dixie's bed. One of her favorite places with a very tolerant dog.
Emma writing! She likes to play with the pencils and is starting to figure out which end writes on the paper. I am hoping to have Emma sign Christmas cards this year but don't be disappointed if she doesn't get to every card.

1 comment:

missamandabeth said...

Good girl Dixie! Such a good big sister. I'm not sure, but I'd say that bird was a juvenile Cooper's hawk or sharpshinned hawk. They're almost identical looking, but sharpshinneds are smaller. Hopefully he does only have a taste for little birds!